What The PTA Does
- Improves educational opportunities for all students by providing resources to the music, art and PE departments, reading and math specialists, Investigation Station, and all other classroom teachers and ASFS staff as needed.
- Plans social events such as the Back-to-School Picnic, the annual fundraising auction, and the Book Swap/Ice Cream Social so that our parents and students get to know one another and become a community.
- Provides funding for a variety of school events, such as STEM night, Outside the Box Day, 5th Grade Promotion, teacher stipends, summer learning opportunities for teachers, summer scholarships for students etc.
- Publishes a monthly newsletter and a student directory to provide easy communication access throughout our community.
- Enhances the curriculum through the Reflections Contest, after-school enrichment classes, Art in the Classroom, and Odyssey of the Mind.
- Provides community service opportunities for students and parents, including the school supply drive, Holiday Helpers, ASPAN Walk for Homeless, the Food Bus, etc to teach our children the importance of giving back.
- Represents ASFS before the School Board, County Council of PTAs, and the Advisory Council on Teaching and Learning.
- Maintains our courtyard, gardens, aquariums, and pond to keep ASFS well maintained and an enjoyable environment for our students and staff.
- Organizes the 5K/1 Mile Spring Fun Run and ASFS Field Day to teach wellness through action.
- Hosts teacher/staff appreciation lunches and other events throughout the year.
- Holds monthly PTA meetings that include presentations by teachers and other speakers; as well keeps the ASFS community informed on important issues.
- Communicates through the weekly Electronic Friday Folder, email/newsletters, and social media.
Important PTA Documents
ASFS PTA Bylaws
Download the ASFS PTA Organizational Structure Form and Local Unit Bylaws.
ASFS Parent Teacher Code of Conduct
Download the Arlington Science Focus School Parent Teacher Code of Conduct here.